Dr. Dusan Sajic Shares Five Winter Skin Hacks
Guelph, ON – As temperatures go down it’s time to ramp up your skin care routines, says dermatologist Dr. Dusan Sajic of deRMA Skin Institute. Dr. Sajik shares 5 things everyone can do for healthier, more attractive skin all winter.
“It doesn’t look like we’ll be getting rid of our Covid-19 masks anytime soon. And, because half of our faces are covered the focal point has become completely centered on the eyes & upper face. If the eyes were ever the window to one’s soul, that time is now.”
Dr. Sajic says there are five things everyone can do to put their best face forward:
1. Get enough sleep! You don’t want tired-looking eyes to stare out at everyone. A well balanced diet as well as exercise can also be very helpful.
2. Use a moisturizer or skin cream specifically made for the eye areas. This includes retinol cream’s. The winter becomes much more dry skin is easier to flake. Lower concentration or optimally concentrated ingredients for this area are very key during these dry months
3. Also be sure to use a good sunscreen on your forehead and entire face to avoid facial “tan lines” from wearing a mask. Many of our patients forget to wear sunscreen in the winter times. Especially important this year as many of us are getting outside more to beat covid boredom.
4. Wear sunglasses and use blue light blocking filters on your computer screens and phones. The blue light contributes significantly to skin damage and faster aging.
5. Consider Botox or laser treatment, possibly radio-frequency treatments to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles on your face, forehead or around the eyes. “Wearing a mask accentuates facial lines since the rest of the face is covered up,” says Dr. Sajic.
To arrange a consultation visit deRMASkinInstitute.com